Control your Identity
Owning your own data
Transact without centralized systems
Connect applications to suit their needs
Build lighter, faster, cheaper applications
Taking a unique agent-centric approach
Holo is a cloud hosting market for distributed applications.
An open source framework for truly peer-to-peer applications.
Web Hosting hApp
Holo: a marketplace for p2p app hosting
Holo is a distributed peer-to-peer hosting platform for Holochain apps (hApps); a bridge to the new Internet.
Holo does to web hosting what Airbnb did to hotels—anyone can become a host by turning their computer into a source of revenue, getting paid in HoloFuel for hosting distributed applications. The Holo software runs in the background, allocating spare storage and processing power to serve hApps to the legacy web. Hosts choose what hApps to serve, set their own hosting prices, and manage their own priorities. https://holo.host/
Blockchain Alternative – Ethereum Substitute
Holochain is an open source framework for building fully distributed, peer-to-peer applications. Holochain apps are versatile, resilient, scalable, and thousands of times more efficient than blockchain (no token or mining required). The purpose of Holochain is to enable humans to interact with each other by mutual-consent to a shared set of rules, without relying on any authority to dictate or unilaterally change those rules. Peer-to-peer interaction means you own and control your data, with no intermediary (e.g., Google, Facebook, Uber) collecting, selling, or losing it. https://holochain.org
Holo is a bridge to link our advanced crypto technology, Holochain, and everyday users. This document explains how Holo works and the business model and funding that support it
We present a cryptocurrency design pattern scalable and efficient enough to operate on global scale without specialized hardware and without consensus.
We present a scalable, agent-centric distributed computing platform. We use a formalism to characterize distributed systems, show how it applies to some existing distributed systems, and demonstrate the benefits of shifting from a data-centric to an agent-centric model.
Holo Fuel Economics 101
See all the slides and notes
In this presentation we will walk through the practical design considerations and components of the Holo fuel system. Holo fuel is the native digital asset of the Holo hosting network. It is designed based on mutual credit principles, and represents a third path to cryptocurrency design that is neither based on the highly volatile design of traditional cryptocurrencies nor imports the US dollar, warts and all, as a stablecoin… “From a technological perspective, we need to be able to handle extremely high levels of micro-transactions, on the order of millions of transactions per day, since that is the nature of of how distributed hosting will be provisioned. This requires cryptocurrency-like technologies, since existing payment networks are not able to handle micro-transactions economically. From an economic perspective, we need price signals that are both stable AND accurately reflect underlying activity, so that users and hosts can make long term plans with confidence. We assert that this requires a currency that is backed by the hosting capacity of the network. I would then further assert that making it hosting backed requires agent-centricity, and therefore a cryptocurrency built on Holochain, that is: Holo fuel”
The Economy to Serve Human Beings
Projects On Holo & HoloChain
- Holo. (People often confuse Holo and Holochain. To make it clear they are not the same thing, Holo is actually a web hosting happ, built on Holochain, to make it easier to bridge users to Holochain via web apps without having to know anything about Holochain, or do anything with it. It is not the same thing as Holochain, the agent-centric distributed app framework with unlimited scalability, or with scalability at least proportional to the number of nodes, with the limit on that number only being constrained by physics, number of computers,)
- Orion: a liquidity aggregator protocol. “A standard for connecting to centralized and decentralized exchanges, enabling an ecosystem of dApps to solve liquidity issues and price parity. The Orion Protocol enables cross chain trading, omni-exchange accessibility, and liquidity.”
- Sacred Capital: infrastructure for building and exchanging reputational credit. See also this blog post.
- Junto. A social network designed for authenticity. See also https://holo.host/project/junto/.
- Redgrid: a SaaS platform for the Internet of Energy, connecting energy generation and storage devices and owners with power-consuming appliances and users. The first app built will be “Market Adaptive Demand Management, which will allow users’ high consumption devices—such as HVACs—to automatically respond to external market prices and signals in order to reduce consumption and costs. This will be applied to households, commercial buildings and multi-building sites. The application will be integrated into utility demand management programs to pay users for reducing their demand peaks, easing strain on the grid.” It also aims to provide access to the 1.2b people in energy poverty. See also https://holo.host/project/redgrid/.
- humm: a beautiful p2p publishing platform. Control your content and its distribution, own your creativity and humanity. They’re aiming to foster a new kind of economy around content creation (which Holochain would be suitable for with microtransfers). Video timestamp: https://youtu.be/Y8gXQankAu8?t=597.
- JustOne Organics Revolutionary Organic Products. Gentle Drying Centers the heartbeat of our mission. They produce our Gentle Dried™ food, create trusted relationships with local organic farmers, and are the cornerstone of our mission to localize our food systems, protect and preserve healthy soil and convert wasted food to end local hunger.
- Hylo: a social network for community management, messaging and collaboration. They have a working network, although apparently with no activity. See also https://github.com/Hylozoic/hylo-holo-dnas.
- Coolcats2: happ intended to replace Twitter.
- Producer’s Market. Provides a market or exchange for producers and consumers, with at least the initial focus on agriculture. See also this blog post.
- Morpheus Network: automated, global, platform-agnostic supply-chain network.
- Holosupply: digital supply chain integration platform.
- Hypergroove: a data-driven, SaaS platform for more sustainable, inclusive, community-driven agri-food systems, with a focus on urban agriculture and p2p trade.
- Metavents: a planning platform for events and humanitarian project with event fees donated to the same humanitarian projects, using the transparency of Holochain. It uses visual planning with 2D, 3D, VR/AR and AI.
- Bridgit / Crowdfact. Bridgit is a Distributed Search and Discovery protocol and a protocol for the OverWeb, a new layer of trust, ideas, interactions, and experiences that display on top of the page source. Available as a Chrome extension. Crowdfact is part of Bridgit and involves crowd-sourced fact-checking.
- Scribe: The SCRIBE Project aims to build a distributed Conceptionary Manager which is a distributed application that allows to manage one or more Conceptionaries. There’s a Github repo at https://github.com/iPlumb3r/Th3Sr1b3Pr0j3ct.
- Prtcl (The Underscore Protocol): a way for people to share ideas, content creation, and conversation with each other. It is inspired by Git, which is a version control system for distributed tracking changes in software development. It allows collaborators to work together on idea contexts and to develop branches of multiple perspectives within those contexts. It also supports arranging and nesting different but related contexts into more complex idea structures. Video timestamp. See also this video here.
- Set Match Games: a platform for collaborative for video game design. See also this video here.
- Hololution: personal productivity apps that will then transform into collaboration apps. Video timestamp: https://youtu.be/Y8gXQankAu8?t=503.
- Omni: The Omni project establishes a global scholarly commons. Omni is a distributed scholarly network for direct scholarly communication, treated as main access point for all other Omni Project applications.
- Comet. Holochain powered distributed Reddit-like application, with differences. “Because it is built on Holochain, Comet has no censorship or moderation, and can run on the devices of the users without the help of servers. Comet also replaces the idea of “subreddits” with tags, and allows posts to be created and crossposted with more than 1 tag. Perhaps the most interesting feature of Comet, though, is its voting system. Firstly, votes can be fractional, they range from -1 to 1. Votes are also not counted as “objective”. The scores of posts and comments are always calculated from the perspective of a particular agent (the user). This agent will have upvoted and downvoted other posts from other people. The score is counted depending on how the agent has voted on the other voters in the past. This helps fight spam, vote manipulation, and helps maintain community in an otherwise lawless space.” See also this blog post and https://youtu.be/Y8gXQankAu8?t=636.
- Core.Network: a social network designed to unify all social networks into a single visual dashboard.
- Haven: see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8gXQankAu8&t=809s.
- Holohouse: Coliving, Coworking and Coop, sustainable and with a purpose
- Allianceblock: “The All-In-One Investment Ecosystem”
- Pacio’s Tender. A zero-fee transaction platform for distributed apps, built on Holochain.
- Jala: “A digital platform that makes participation in any venture verifiable, intuitive and automated without the need for intermediaries.”
- Bizgees: Transforming refugees into entrepreneurs using FinTech.
- bHive: “The bHive Cooperative is a community owned person-to-person sharing economy platform being developed for Bendigo [bank] by a team of five local entrepreneurs. bHive is the future of work.”
- Joatu: skills and goods marketplace for local communities.
- 2RowFlow: “A Digital Commons for Treaty People in Canada”
- Arcade City Realgame. A decentralized ride-sharing platform. See also https://github.com/ArcadeCity/unter and https://forum.arcade.city/t/pivoting-upward/37. It’s not clear whether the latest closed-source implementation is built on Holochain—so it’s best to assume that it’s not.
- Infinite World Game: “an operating system for humanity. A whole systems breakthrough in service to life. The Infinite World Game (IWG) is an unprecedented innovation. A vision and whole-systems platform for a society and world that does things differently. Cocreative players in the IWG organise themselves as living cells in a planetary super-organism (or ‘Universal Fractal Organism’, UFO), where ‘thriveability’ is the new name of the game for humanity and the planet. Drawing on a new world view and the principles of living systems, the IWG moves beyond our current concepts of economics and social organisation and offers a fresh way to share and regulate resources, interrelate, develop innovations, realise ourselves and co-ordinate our intelligence. As we elevate our capacity as a species, the IWG reorganises our social processes to go beyond product and profitability alone towards a world where every action is creating more life, love and thriveability for all.”
- HoloREA: happ infrastructure that uses the Resources, events, agents (REA) accounting model, with an implementation based on the ValueFlows protocol, and is built on Holochain. See also this video.
- Cogov: a framework for experimentation with social system innovation. See also http://cogov.tech/.
- Creafree: “Creafree registers, publishes and promotes creations to better meet the needs of the 21st century.”
- Ulex: an open source legal system. “In the case of Ulex, the “software” is not necessarily code (although you can access Tom W Bell’s Ulex Gitrepository here), rather they are rules that a legal system can operate under. Because Ulex is open source, its foundation is not tied to any one country and can be used in different jurisdictions. The goal of Ulex is to foster an open source community that creates and tries different variants of Ulex. Ulex protects human rights with an efficient and fair dispute resolution process, promoting the rule of law. It is not imposed by any one government, but instead is adopted by the mutual consent of those it governs. ” See also https://physes.github.io/Ulex/ and https://ulex.app/.
- Holochain Basic Chat
- Learn Using Test Driven Development
- Todo list UI (Gatsby/Redux)
- TODOlist example
- HoloChat Simple UI
- Simple App
- Todo List tutorial